Monday, January 12, 2009

Talent Showcase

Tomorrow is an exciting day for me! For the past 14 weeks I've worked with local acting teaching Mona Lee. I've been preparing a showcase to present for Austin's talent agents, including Heather Collier, TAG Talent, and Acclaim Talent.

I've prepared two contrasting scenes (5 minutes in length) to perform in an evening of acting mayhem! 19 other local actors will be presenting their very best to the agents as well, and it should prove to be a night of excitement, hope, and energy. I've chosen as my scenes "Doubt", a drama about a priest accused of immoral acts within his parish, and "The Heidi Chronicles", a political comedy about a young activist caught up in the turmoil of the late 60's.

In addition to the scenes I've been working on for months, I've also prepared four "press kits" for each of the attending agencies. I've literally poured hundreds of dollars (and nearly as many hours) into editing photos, producing prints, perfecting (and re-perfecting) my resumes, bios, and cover letters, and so on... I am still not completely satisfied with them (due to print shop mistakes, personal mistakes, my computer frying, etc.), though they are pretty slick. Hannah Lindsley and Bill Ledbetter took my head shots (which came out amazing, though I wish I'd brought a more extensive wardrobe). I also cropped, edited, and screen captured photos and video from my past films/plays. I was amazed how much stuff of me there is floating around in the online abyss. About half of the material I've found was posted by other people, and yes it's true... my image is finally, solidly, GOOGLABLE!

Wish me luck, send me some prayers, tell me to break some appendages, and I'll let you know how it all goes!

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment